How can we maximize our limited RV kitchen space? By choosing to use the right storage containers and utensils in our kitchen.
Here are some great storage suggestions:
• Choose storage containers that have straight-lines that can maximize every square inch of your cupboards.
• Move pantry items out of the various boxes and odd shaped jars and into storage containers that are clear plastic or acrylic that are stackable and have inter-locking lids. This will allow for better use of space when you travel. Don’t forget to place the cooking instructions and labels inside the storage container for later use.
• Mixing bowls that nest nicely, staying with the straight lines, if possible. Angles on our bowls can chew up valuable storage space.
• Choose pots, pans & skillets that also nest. Look for a nesting set that has a variety of sizes but can be stacked and stored in the smaller footprint.
• Install a plastic magazine rack to the inside of a cupboard or pantry door that can house all your loose aluminum and plastic wraps as well as the different sizes of boxed baggies.
• For larger serving utensils, chip-clips and other odd shaped kitchen items, place them in one or two storage containers to keep them under control and in one location.
Want to submit your favorite storage idea? I invite you to fill out the form below.
Lady E Cooper
‘RV Kitchen Storage: Items That Work Best!’
This blog along with many others I have written can be found at online at: AmeriGo RV Club