Keeping our RV refrigerators packed full of our favorite fresh fruits and vegetables is not realistic due to the high potential of food spoilage. However, there is a way we can stock our pantries with a wider variety of foods that is lighter in weight than canned goods. It is through the simple process of dehydration. By dehydrating we extract moisture from fruits, vegetables and even meats we can get more into a smaller footprint in our RV.
Here are some Dehydrating facts:
- The most natural way to prevent food from spoiling is through preserving it through dehydration.
- It is a proven fact that dehydrating your foods saves you money. Buying in bulk at a Farmers Markets or while it is in season is very cost effective and nothing’s better than organic home grown fruits & vegetables.
- When done properly, foods can last for months and even years.
- Reconstituting foods with water or other desired liquids will only take 5 to 20 minutes depending on the temperature of the liquids.
- It is a perfect option if you are into the healthier lifestyle.
What a wonderful thought – Imagine going out to the campsite after a long week of work at your 8 to 5 job and not having to spend valuable family time going to the grocery store for supplies. All your food prep has been achieved through dehydration and you bring all your meals with you in your RV in a small footprint of storage.
RV Kitchen Storage Solutions- Getting More Into a Smaller Footprint
Find this and more of my RV kitchen blogs at www.AmeriGoRV.com